Saturday, May 12, 2007

CANA in Northern VA

Thanks to Susan for this link. I can't agree more.

Meanwhile, in my home state of South Dakota, Chip Johnson is being ordained a missionary of the Anglican Church to the Dakotas and Wyoming. I guess I really, honestly don't understand why for some people homosexuality is much more important an issue than undereducation and poverty of the indigenous peoples of that area, for example. I don't understand why one must separate based on that.

Whenever I get around to writing about who I am, I suppose one could understand my own point of view on this issue better. I tend to look for things that unite rather than divide, having suffered exclusion in my past life based on things I could not control.

I recently read Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott. A line in there sums up my thinking pretty well: "...you can either practice being right or practice being kind." I don't think leaving the church because of needing to be right is a kind thing to do.

No comments: