Monday, May 14, 2007

Eating healthfully

Latest book I'm reading: The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan.

I had just vaguely heard of the book before I attended an Earth Day celebration at the church I attend. I went to two concurrrent sessions that spoke of cooking in a more earth friendly manner, as well as purchasing that way. I have been more intentional about buying (or not) processed foods, salad greens, etc. Also we are attempting to cut down on meat, although we really do love Dietz and Watson deli turkey.

So what did I have for supper tonight? Steamed organic mustard greens with garlic, scallions, and ginger with fried tofu over brown rice. I've never had mustard greens before. I'll never have them again. I like kale, so I'll make it with kale next time. Tomorrow we are having bean and rice tacos. At least it will be meatless. Only Son's bride makes her own tacos, so I can try that another time.

No comments: