I was tagged by Ruth for this meme, and so here are the rules, etc:
1. List these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
1. I was green long before it was cool. That was driven totally by my lack of funds as a young woman rather than any sense of global responsibility; my car was a ten speed bike and I washed Baggies for re-use. I still wash out and re-use Baggies as well as save aluminum foil.
2. When I am stressed, I clean. I've been known to wash down cabinets at 2 am.
3. I am a huge fan of Vermont Public Radio, which I
listen to online. In fact, I'm a fan of anything Vermont. If I could pick anywhere in the US to live without regard for family or jobs, I'd live in Burlington.
4. As a child, I greatly desired to learn how to play the cello (lessons were free, but my parents couldn't afford to rent an instrument for me). As a 50 year old adult, I still wish to learn how to play the cello. A music teacher friend who also wants to learn the cello is trying to find us a teacher.
5. I am the oldest of five children. I have four Titan sized brothers; the shortest of whom is 6 feet even. The tallest is 6'7". I'm only 5'5".
6. I went to three different colleges over 8 years before I finally obtained my bachelor's degree. I attended school at least part time for all but two of those years! I had over 250 hours at graduation (as well as a five year old son, whose arrival accounted for part of the delay).
7. Piggybacking on #6, my first major in college was history. After I married the first time, I realized I would need to make more money than I could as a history teacher in a small town, so I changed the major to nursing. But, I still love history and consider it my avocation.
3. Tag seven others...
Um, who amongst my blog friends has not gotten this already? Perhaps Mibi?