Monday, October 27, 2008

Getting things clean

Unfortunately, this will not be a theologically astute and erudite post. The title may suggest that, since I did blog last week on the inner cleanliness I felt after receiving the Eucharist.

I've been messing things up a bit since I threw my back out while getting out of bed yesterday. My back over the years has been a source of consternation since the auto accident I was in back in 1993. It has behaved quite well over the last couple of years, and I have absolutely no idea what happened yesterday.

I mean, I get out of bed each and every day. Yesterday seemed no different!

Flexeril is the drug of choice when this happens. I took some and have no memory of last evening at all. My son called and I know we spoke, but really can't recall about what. I almost forgot to put the pork roast in the crock pot this am, but did remember to wash the dishes I didn't do last night.

To pass the time today, since I'm too uncomfortable to do much else, I decided to wash some clothes. How hard is that? But I forgot to go through my husband's pockets, which I try to do as occasionally he forgets things. Someone called right after I started the load and I thought I heard something clunking around in the washer, but didn't check as the person on the phone was a good friend to whom I'd not spoken in a while.

Sure enough, when I took out the clothes, there was his squeaky clean but non operative cell phone.

Lucky for us, I had a perfectly good but unused cell phone in my desk drawer. I programmed it with his number and so the day is saved.

Maybe I should go back to bed!

2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh, I hate what those kinds of drugs do to me. I had to take Skelaxin a while back, and I was pretty dopey for a few days.

I hope your back settles down soon.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Sounds like your day was similar to one I had about 4 years ago when I had my heel spur orthotripsied. They sent me home (after having Versed during the procedure) on a couple days worth of Percocets. The person who took me home and kept an eye on me the rest of the day was quite entertained at several revealing conversations I had (which I don't remember doodly squat)!!!!