Thursday, July 9, 2009

Doing Well!

I went home for a day and a half to MO to see how my mother was doing after her double amputation.

In a phrase, much better than anyone, including her doctors, expected.

In fact, she will be moved out of the ICU as soon as a bed in the progressive care unit comes available. She put in her false teeth and wore her glasses yesterday.

We drove 600 miles today, and I'm tired. More later, just wanted to share.

TBTG! Thanks for the prayers. My family certainly appreciates them.

6 comments:

Fran said...

TBTG indeed! Prayers still coming!!

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Thanks for the update, and Thanks be to God!

Jan said...

So glad. Prayers and love.

Mary Beth said...

Thanks be, and many prayers!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh, this is good news. Thanks for posting it.

KarenAll Over said...

Dear Laura, you have been in my thoughts much in the last few days and that brought me to your blog.

I carry you and your family in my heart with best hopes and wishes.

p.s. tried to call but your line is busy - I hope it is good news for you and yours.