Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Two Months and Two Days

Since Mom passed away. Today my brother left work early to take our dad to the doctor for his bronchitis, and found him dead on the floor. He was clutching a 2 litre bottle of Diet Pepsi, his favorite drink. The coroner said that he probably had a heart attack and died instantly. If he had to die, instantly is good.

He will be buried in Searcy, AR, his hometown, in the Eubanks family plot. Not sure when that will happen, probably Saturday. I will leave tomorrow. I'll meet Only Son and take him with me. Poor Only Son has lost three of his four grandparents in 2 months and 2 days. He is grieving big time.

Like my caretaker brother said, at least Dad isn't scared anymore. Dad had such horrible issues with mental illness. I can just imagine God stroking his head to calm him down.

But damn, I'll miss him. RIP, Daddy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh, I'm sorry. Thinking of you.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

I am so sorry to hear of this. I especially feel bad for Only Son. I know what it's like to lose your grandparents, and this is almost an unbearable time frame for it. You hang in there. You know you're in my prayers.

Kimberly Mason said...

Holy moly, I'm so sorry to hear. Blessings to you...

ROBERTA said...

you must be feeling completely numb - in body mind and spirit, from experiencing such loss in such a short time frame. praying for you and your family.

remember to breathe.

Padre Mickey said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and you are in my prayers.

Diane M. Roth said...

you are in my prayers, too.


(((Laura)))