Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Life in a construction zone, part II

A note was just placed in my door by the contractor. Our military housing street is going to be dug up tomorrow and re-paved on Friday in order to meet "contract requirements". This is the second time since we've lived here the street has been dug up and re-paved. At least the construction gates that close off most of our little circle will be opened so that we who live here may come and go.

On a happier note, I have just tried the summer ale version of Magic Hat beer--delicious! I'm more of a wine drinker than a beer drinker, but Vermont brewed Magic Hat has grown on me. I doubt I'll be able to get it in South Dakota so I may have to store some up to take with me when we leave. Also, I just fixed up a mess of greens, seasoned it with garlic and did a quick stir fry in sesame oil (trying to use up stuff I'll have to toss). Added a spinkle of salt and oh man, was it good! Taciturn is working late tonight like he does each night now so thought I'd eat something to tide me over.

No comments: