Thursday, December 6, 2007

Winter wonderland

We have not entertained in our house since we moved back to the Black Hills. I hate that we have this big house with amazing views and do not share it, so I had my friends DB and PB over for a bit of lunch today. Nothing fancy, just some bread, cheese, wine and homemade soup, with coffee and homemade applesauce for dessert. It was just great to have my friends over to my home.

While we were eating, the light snow that had started got thicker and thicker and by the time they left, close to 3 inches had fallen! It is just beautiful out now. Here is the view from the upper bedroom.

We also noted a ten point buck who ambled out of the woods into our clearing, probably in search of a little lunch himself. For some reason, though, the photo I took of him doesn't post. Trust me, he's great. Beautiful day.

No comments: