Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday already

Where has the week gone?

The one day this week that was busy was Wed. I've kind of blocked that out as God's day in the middle of the week. Of course each day should be God's day, but this particular Wed I went to morning Eucharist and then went back for supper, a more casual Eucharist, and a speaker. In the meantime on that day, I had lunch with a friend from my old church who I've not seen since August. It was so good to catch up.

I went to work on Monday. I had been requested over a week ago to come in and work for one of the patient care techs; I agreed and showed up although I had a bit of a stomach bug. People said, "Why are you here? So and so is coming in to work that shift." Turned out that my boss put me on the master schedule in the main office but not on the working schedule in the work area. So the techs arranged for someone to come in. She is cheaper to have work than I am, plus I didn't feel well, so I worked for a couple of hours then went home. I read the rest of the day.

Wed am I got called to come in to work as a tech. I didn't go as I had my day already planned out. I'm beginning to think that since I've said I want to work more hours, that instead of hiring a new tech (which they need to do), they are going to use me. Problem is, I will do it every once in a while, but I got my degrees for a reason.

I actually am working this evening as a nurse, though! I begged a co-worker to take a vacation day so that I can do it. I've got some all night shifts coming up in mid November due to my begging another co-worker to take some time off.

And I'm going to look for another job in the hospital system. I know there are places that will use me in the hospital without having to beg to be placed on the schedule. I spoke with my boss a couple of weeks ago about needing to work more; she was sympathetic, but there is only so much she can do due to budget constraints. I have wondered since I went to work there why in the world I was hired in the first place. I have worked a total of 15 shifts since June.

Last night I went to a cooking class at the local kitchen store. I learned how to grind and stuff sausage. We like sausage at our house but not all of the garbage that goes into it, so I thought I'd go. Tasted lots of great stuff and got some awesome recipes! Very fun!

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh, making your own sausage sounds like a cool idea. What a way to make sure it's more healthy. This has given me something to think about.

I'm sorry the work situation is so frustrating.