Saturday, November 1, 2008

Birthdays, today and upcoming

My best friend in high school is turning 51 today! Happy birthday, CKB! She is an Episcopal priest in St. Petersburg, FL. We get in touch about once or twice a year, and see each other maybe once every five years. But still, I love her lots. I've known her and her husband for 35 years. We all discovered TEC as teens, but CKB and her spouse stayed with it while I dabbled in other denominations.

It was fun in high school having my best friend be only six days older than I. Yes, next Friday Episcogranny will be 51. Growing up in my very secular family, birthdays were much more anticipated than Christmas! My parents, however, no longer anticipate my birthday; having a daughter who carries an AARP card makes them feel very old.

And five days later, FranIam will catch up with me. Be sure to mark the date!

I am pleased to have my own birthday bookended by those of such distinguished women! They both have helped me along my journey by their faithful and thoughtful insights.

3 comments:

Fran said...

You are good to note this. I am the worst at remembering anyone's birthday!!

Yes - 51. I love each year, so I never mind getting older!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh, happy birthday to your friend.

Jan said...

Happy, happy birthday!!