Thursday, April 23, 2009

Benefits of Mom's Vascular Procedure

Now that some circulation has been restored to her leg through the placement of a stent into a blocked illiac artery, Mom really feels much better.

So much better, she is able to walk to the chair on the front porch and smoke one cigarette right after another. Before the procedure, her feet were too painful for walking.

She has been told that people with her level of vascular disease should not smoke due to the constrictive action of the nicotine on
blood vessels, but she says, "I don't inhale!" So she keeps on.

(See Lauralew tearing out her hair.)

I've been very busy visiting with my Missouri family so I've not been online much at all. However, I am keeping up with the discipline of writing morning pages. There were a few free hours two days ago so that time was spent working on a short story and some poetry for an intro to creative writing type class I'm taking.

Sunday I leave for the 1.5 day drive back to my house and hopefully I can catch up with everyone's blogs as well as my own then.

4 comments:

Kirkepiscatoid said...

You know and I know that nicotine is more addictive than crack. No sense getting alopecia over it, as much as you'd like to give HER alopecia.

Jan said...

How frustrating. Remember the mantra prayer: "Bless her, change me."

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm sorry your mom is still smoking, but Kirk is right. It's a terrible habit to break.

I'm so excited to read that you're taking a writing class. Guess what? I signed up for an art class today. This Artist's Way is really something, isn't it?

Diane M. Roth said...

understanding how you are tearing your hair out...

I'm excited as well for your writing class. I'm looking into it, myself. (the course book is in my bag, anyway.)