Friday, July 31, 2009

Last Friday in VT

I wrote another post, then reread it and decided it was not for public consumption. I'll try again!

Rainy Friday today, our last in VT. We leave next week. We've just puttered today; I did some work for my online writing class while Taciturn researched bonds online. We celebrate the new fridge that was delivered to our vacation digs yesterday. We no longer have to use an ice chest to keep items cool.

As exciting as it was to visit with my mother by phone for the first time in a month, to hear her so weak was disturbing. But she has been through a lot this past month, so she is entitled to weakness. At least she can speak.

We've enjoyed our time in the Green Mountain State, despite all of the craziness with Mom. Vermont offers so much to do and see. The genuine friendliness of its people is a lovely thing. We'll miss it after we leave.

It'll be good to get back into our own house with our own things and back to our routine, though.

3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I always enjoy getting home from vacation. I'm such a homebody.

I'm glad you were able to talk to your mom.

Fran said...

I am glad that you had such a good experience in VT. So sorry that we did not get to meet, but so glad that we did speak on the phone.

Prayers and wishes for travel and for mom.

Diane M. Roth said...

prayers continue, for your mom, and for you. I hope you are enjoying the Green Mountain State.