Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Scary Dreams

And I'm not the only one!

I dreamed last night that my friend Monica was put to death. That was kind of a scary dream. I tried to call her (as in my previous post, she also has moved away--she now lives in Wichita KS) but I got a message saying the call could not be completed as dialed. So, I emailed her. Then I didn't think anything more.

She called me this afternoon. Turns out she and her mother in law were robbed! She said she didn't think she had to keep up her guard as she no longer lived in DC. Unfortunately, crime is even in the Midwest.

I wonder if we are just ripe for the picking whenever we let our guard down. I thought about using this as a metaphor for some New Testament teachings about readiness, but I'm very tired. I'll add that to my list of reflections to write when this moving thing is over.

No comments: