Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In the Air

I miss my pals at what Mibi calls Big Old Seminary. Many of them are going to scatter in 6 or 7 weeks to the Four Winds, so I'm headed on Northwest Airlines to DCA tomorrow morning, fairly early, so I can get to Our Nation's Capital prior to Rush Hour (more like Rush Half a Day, but I digress). I want to see Mibi, Beth O'C, AMH, and several others especially.

I found out today that my pal BB's baby shower will be held while I'm there, and I'm invited!!! I'm thrilled beyond words. I really like BB and am honored to share this special event with her. Besides, I bet lots of my pals will be at the shower, so I'll get to see many folks.

HOWEVER, I'm a tad nervous about two things. One, several airlines have grounded huge chunks of their schedules for inspections. I hope NWA doesn't do that, but my calendar is fairly free in case it happens, so it wouldn't be the worst thing. Two, we have a heavy snow warning for tonight, and I live near the top of a four mile high canyon. I have AWD and really good tires, but still the idea of driving to the airport in 6 inches of snow down a very long hill gives me pause. We'll see how things are in the morning.

Gotta run and continue to prepare for this trip!

No comments: