Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prayers, prayers and more prayers

Please pray for the people affected by the tornado in OK yesterday as well as their families and friends.

Please pray for Australia, as many recover from the horrific wildfires.

Please pray for our government, that those who serve seek the wisdom and knowledge to discern the right path to take in this economic crisis. Pray that they will consider the common well being of this nation.

Please pray for the family of X, a long term hospice patient whose body gave up yesterday. They have had many hard losses recently. Please pray for the repose of X's soul.

I pray for my friends both near and far, those met in person and those met through the electronic word.

My prayer is one of thankfulness for the many blessings I have. I approach the altar with a grateful heart. I gripe and complain, but my life really is a good one.

Oh Lord, hear my prayer.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Thank you for posting these prayers. There is some good perspective here.