Thursday, March 5, 2009

Brain Dead

I have not been sleeping well at all with my topsy turvy schedule at work of late. I went into work already tired evening before last, and had to stay over an hour and a half to get my charting done as it was so very busy. I didn't get into bed until 1:30 am and didn't get to sleep until after 2 am. Woke up for a while at 4 am, then up for good at 7:30.

The tons of errands I had to do yesterday I did do, I just don't remember, quite, actually doing them. I really wanted some sushi for lunch but when I got to the sushi place I noticed I had very little cash. I was too tired to run to the ATM and then come back, so I did something terrible--went through MacDonald's drive through! I never, ever do that for various reasons. But I was hungry and tired and I did have $3.

Taciturn and I spoke later and he was dumbstruck that I went to Micky D's.

I do recall stepping into the rarified air of Borders (the only operating book store in town) yesterday. GS#2 wants a Handy Manny DVD for his birthday next week, and one was at Borders. I love book stores. I can think in them, write in them, relax in them. It is as if all of the outside world slips off as I walk through the door. I wandered around for a while just being. I saw a paperback I've wanted to read for years, Girl Meets God by Lauren Winner. I picked it up and I will start on it today.

T is now at his folks in Baltimore. I spoke to his mom and she said she missed me and hopes to see me again "soon." Sigh. Thanks for the prayers for safe travel. Now I pray for an uneventful and drama-less stay.

Last night I had planned to go to the Lenten soup supper at church. When the time came to leave, I was so tired I was nauseated. I went to bed at my usual time, 9 pm--and woke up at 2 am. I tossed and turned for hours. I did sleep again for an hour and a half. This is crazy. It only will get worse, as I work the evening shift tomorrow and then the all night shift Saturday and Sunday nights. At least T isn't here to be bothered with my tossing and turning.

No comments: